MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (2 OPENINGS; 1ST SHIFT AND SECOND SHIFT WITH HOURLY SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL ON SECOND SHIFT)
Our client, a leading pharmaceutical manufacturer located in Dayton, NJ, is looking for a second shift maintenance technician for their facility. The maintenance technician will execute effective preventative maintenance plans and schedules for all facility equipment and material handling systems. The ideal candidate will have a strong electrical background, ability to troubleshoot PLCs, ability to interpret CAD layouts, and strong technical acumen.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Executes an effective preventative maintenance plan and schedule for all facility equipment and systems.
- Diagnoses Materials Handling Equipment-related error conditions occurring in the Distribution Center and repairs appropriately.
- Directly supports and is responsible for maintenance, modifications, and/or system upgrades of Materials Handling Equipment.
- Maintains the efficiency of materials handling equipment and identifies areas for improvement.
- Ensures compliance for inventory of spare parts in a CMMS environment.
- Keeps distribution center management apprised of escalating abnormal or critical situations and coordinates resolutions/repairs with outside professional maintenance (if required).
- Provides assistance in the configuration, maintenance, modifications, and system upgrades of MHE.
- Works with equipment and software vendors on design specifications and improvements.
- Associate is required to work split shifts, nights and weekends as well as be on call to respond to downtime events.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex automated systems controlled by computers, programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and microprocessors in a high-volume work environment.
- Working technical and operational knowledge of industrial electrical and electronic equipment and systems. (single phase motors, 3-ph motors, AC Control equipment, DC control equipment, batteries and DC circuits, NFPA 70e, electrical measuring equipment, power supplies….etc.)
- Working technical and operational knowledge of industrial mechanical components and systems. (Bearings, Pumps, Piping, pneumatics, carpentry, facility integrity…etc)
Education and Experience:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Plant Management preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Evening shift.
- Competitive benefits package.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com