Network Engineer III & Associate Engieer
A person who is a key part of the team responsible for qualifying the next generation of Charter’s video products. From testing at the proof of concept stage to production testing this person needs to be familiar with both legacy video infrastructure as well as high speed DOCSIS data infrastructure. Candidate should have experience with digital video set-top box QA testing, Developed test plans /test cases, Understand requirements. Documenting bugs and test results. Experience should include applications such as Program Guides, DVR, Pay-Per-View, Video on Demand, Parental Controls, Caller ID, STB diagnostics and Video Quality testing. Familiar with reporting and tracking defects using Jira. Familiar with automation tools.
This person needs to be familiar with key components of cable networking.
- DAC / DNCS network controllers
- CMTS from several vendors
- Device provisioning
- Be familiar with key technologies with DOCSIS 2.0 & 3.0 as well as DSG
- Be able to validate test plans, execute test cases, record and report the results.
- Troubleshoot key infrastructure components
- Familiar with IP networking protocols, IPv4 as well as IPv6
- Familiar with Video over IP
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Contribute to the Company vision of being the industry leader in customer service through quality, commitment, courtesy and teamwork.
- Responsible for testing, evaluation, integration and configuration of Charter DOCSIS platforms.
- Ability to accomplish activities related to system design, equipment configuration and installation, integration, testing and service validation prior to deployment.
- Administer key Linux based systems in a video and data infrastructure
- Document activities and escalations through an issue tracking system.
- Develop documentation related to design and proper configuration of system components.
- Troubleshoot and analyze transport, networking and software configurations.
- Has ability to transfer knowledge to division and field engineering personnel as necessary to insure the timely deployment of new technology.
- Represent Charter business interests in a wide variety of settings and relationships including company management, business partners, and equipment vendors.
- Act as highest-level escalation point for customer issues in the enterprise.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org